My Favourite Eye Brightening/ Highlighting Powders

13:11




Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend :) So today I'm going to be listing my favourite eye brightening/highlighting powders. Again this is my personal preference and what I love to use on myself and my clients.

Ben Nye Banana Powder
http://camerareadycosmetics.com/products/ben-nye-bella-luxury-powder.html

So my first and foremost favourite has got to be the Banana powder by Ben-Nye. It is a little full coverage for everyday use but I absolutely love it if I'm going out for cocktails or a night in the club with the girls. It gives off the perfect yellow highlight, as seen on our all time favourite contour queens like Kim Kardashian and Lilly Ghalichi. I apply this using the 'baking' effect. I literally apply the product to my under eyes, forehead, chin and sculpt below my cheekbones with it. I let it set for around 10-15 minutes and then blend it in.

Highlight on me using Ben Nye Banana Powder.

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder in #1

This is the perfect product that you can use to set your under eye area. It is a concealer, and brightener in one. It's a very transparent white colour and it is very pigmented. Luckily, as it's such a light weight product in comparison to how good the coverage is, it doesn't settle in fine lines and doesn't accentuate shadows under your eye. It also leaves a weightless feel on the skin. The shade I prefer best is #1.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Highlight Powder

ABH Highlight Powder in Banana


Another favourite of mine I definitely fell in love with after purchasing my Contour Kit from Anastasia Beverly Hills was her highlight powder in Banana. It is very similar to the Ben-Nye Banana powder. It has that again perfect yellow undertone, It is easy to apply and is very long lasting with no movement. It's also fab to photo too!!

ABH Highlight Powder in Vanilla


Another favourite that I love from ABH is another highlight powder from her range which is called Vanilla. This is a more slightly warm toned highlight with barely there peach-undertones. It has a matte finish and shows up lighter applied to the skin than what it looks like in the pan. It works very well on fair to medium skin, whereas Banana is best for medium to dark skin tones.


MAC Studio Sculpt Defining Powder

MAC Studio Sculpt Defining Powder in Light

This has a very gel like creamy consistency although it sets like a powder. It provides sheer light coverage in just a stroke of your brush. You can definitely get a highlighted look that will sculpt under your cheekbones and under eye area. It applies flawlessly.


NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder

NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder

This powder has a stark white sparkly pearlescent look, which can scare you. Especially the sparkle, most people wouldn't want to walk around looking like a disco ball. But don't be scared – this goes on completely translucent and gives that perfectly highlighted white look. It appears to blur our everything and gives you an excellent finish. It truly is a photo shop miracle in a powder.

Hope you all enjoyed this post! It would be great if you could let me know of any future blog posts you would like me to do. If you have any requests feel free.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook